- Tour de Beautiful Cycle Race is held annually on the Sunday of Wellington Anniversary weekend. Tuki Tuki Motel sponsors this event so get your accommodation booked early so as not to miss out.
- Waipawa Vet Tennis Tournament - a very popular event held on the 3rd weekend in February each year. Accommodation is always at a premium this weekend so book early.
- HB Rugby Sevens Tournament - draws a huge crowd.
- Art Deco Weekend - mid-February each year. Saturday the steam train arrives in Otane for the annual Pea, Pie & Pud run greeted by locals who put on entertainment, including live music and market stalls. Sunday sees the steam train arrive at the Waipukurau Train station greeted by highland dancers and other entertainment for the passengers.
- Mission Concert Wednesday 6 February (Waitangi Day) Artist Phil Collins
- Waipukurau Jockey Club Winter Race Day.
- Waipukurau Club Snooker Tournament
- THE SPRING FLING - www.thespringfling.co.nz (September & October)
- CHB The Festival during the first week in September - held at the Pukeora Estate. Catch the double decker bus from central Waipukurau to avoid finding a carpark or you can park at the bottom of Pukeora Hill and catch the shuttle up to the Estate. This arts festival draws stallholders and guests from far and wide. Thousands of people arrive to ponder over and purchase fantastic gifts, arts and crafts from the numerous stalls. Enjoy coffee and food from the restaurant, sample local wines and be entertained by local artists.
- ENQUIRE ABOUT OUR SPECIAL FESTIVAL ACCOMMODATION RATES
- Pick a bunch or two of the lovely daffodils from the paddocks of Taniwha Homestead 10 minutes south of Waipukurau - annual Plunket fundraiser.
- Central Hawke's Bay A&P Show held mid-November each year at the local showgrounds which are a short walk from the motel. (We sponsor this event also). Great event not to be missed with agricultural and pastoral displays, horse/pony events, dog trials, sheep shearing and wool handling events along with various stallholders and entertainers.
- Waipukurau's Christmas Jockey Club meeting held at the local racecourse. Great choice for your staff Christmas event or family gathering. Who needs an excuse to enjoy a day at the races!
WATCH THIS SPACE FOR MORE EVENTS - there is always something happening in the picturesque Central Hawke's Bay for you to enjoy.
Central Hawke's Bay has 5 golf courses for the keen golfer to utilise. Base yourself here at the motel and have a round of golf at one or more of these. Choose from either Waipukurau, Waipawa, Takapau, Porongahau or Onga Onga golf courses.
The Tukituki River
Fish in the Tuki Tuki River or cycle, walk or run along the fantastic stopbank cycleway along either side of the river. There are mountain-bike tracks under the trees for the more adventurous!
Swimming and Fitness
On site here we have an outdoor swimming pool but there is a wonderful indoor heated swimming pool and fully equipped gymnasium (A W Parsons) just around the corner from the motel (2 minute walk).
For the little and not so little we have two children's playgrounds close by – one includes a flying fox and splash pad.
We are only a 40-minute scenic drive to local beaches. Beaches include Kairakau Beach, Mangakuri Beach, Pourerere Beach, Aramoana Beach, Blackhead Beach and Porangahau Beach.
Galleries and Museums
Electra Gallery in the centre of Waipukurau features local artists' work and is a must to ponder or purchase some local art. Visit Artmosphere Gallery or The CHB Settlers Museum, both on SH 2, Waipawa just a short drive north from the motel.
Art, Food, Wine, Shopping
The Limestone Loop, a driving route to discover the best of Central Hawke's Bay, art, food, wine, shops, historical homesteads.
Junction Wines at Takapau are winners of the Hawke's Bay Best Cellar Door 2014 award.
Otane Market is held every Sunday from 9am - 1pm:- arts, crafts, fresh breads, veges, Hohepa cheeses and lots more.
Central Hawke's Bay Municipal Theatre
The Central Hawke's Bay Municipal Theatre is located in Waipawa and only 10 minutes from the motel. The theatre is a historic and iconic community building in the heart of Waipawa. For many years it has been a place of community gatherings, meetings, weddings, celebrations, performing arts and education.
Weddings and Conferences
We can easily accommodate and specialise in providing accommodation for your wedding or conference party.
Our central location makes the Tuki Tuki Motel an ideal base for your family and friends or conference group to stay together.
|Wedding/Conference Venues||Distance||Travel Time|
|CHB Municipal Theatre, Waipawa||6km||10 mins|
|Woburn Homestead||4km||6 mins|
|Wallingford Homestead||30-40km||30 mins|
|Chapelwick Coastal Estate||40-50km||40 mins|
|Oruawharo Homestead||17km||15 mins|
|Pukeora Estate||5km||10 mins|
To assist you with your wedding or conference arrangements and to ensure as many of your guests are staying at the same location we are able to hold rooms for you.
How this process works:
- You advise us approximately how many rooms you think you will require and the date the accommodation is required for.
- We will hold these rooms under your group name from now until two months prior to your function date. This will give you plenty of time to advise your guests where you are holding accommodation and gives us sufficient time to sell any rooms you do not require.
- You will need to advise your guests that when they are making a booking they will need to advise us of the event so we will know that they are coming for your event.
- We prefer your wedding guests (this does not apply to conference groups) to book individually as this avoids confusion over the dates and accommodation required.
- Rooms on hold are not able to be booked via the internet.
- Two months prior to the wedding/conference date we will contact you to see if you still require any rooms which we are holding and have not been booked yet.