- 30 minutes from Hastings
- 50 minutes from Napier
- 1 hour 20 minutes from Palmerston North
- 2 hours 10 minutes from Whanganui
- 3 hours from Wellington
- 3 hours 10 minutes from Rotorua
- 3 hours 20 minutes from Gisborne
- 4 hours from New Plymouth
Waipukurau is the largest town in the Central Hawke's Bay District. It is located on the banks of the Tuki Tuki River. Waipawa is only a short drive north of Waipukurau. Here you can check out the Early Settlers Museum.
Tuki Tuki Motel is only a 2 minute walk to the A W Parsons Sports Complex and Indoor Swimming Pool. Alongside this complex at Russell Park is a magnificent children's playground complete with new splash pad and skate park.